Sunday, October 31, 2010

One of the Legendry songs of times…

This Sunday I watched a classic black&white movie "Johar In Kashmir". I never saw this movie before. I was just attracted by this movie's theme which is very related/based to current problems happening in Kashmir’s valley. I think this movie contains very good contents of actual problems of valley that time as well as current time also. It shows how some valley people who live in area which is Pakistan occupied Kashmir. They are supplied weapons and come to India in disguise and started violence and terrorism. The subject which is still current. Anyway, I am not here to describe political area or going to give a speech on this, I am only here to talk with you about one of the beautiful song I watched in this movie.

"Be-gunahoon ka lahoo hai ye rang laayega..."



The platform of this song is very new for me (And if I am not mistaken I never saw this type of plot of the song before in any movie). Here our Hero (I.S. Johar), who works for Indian Army in Kashmir (Home Guard), comes to Pakistan (The Kashmir area which is occupied by Pakistan). He comes here in the disguise of a Darvesh (Islamic Holy Man). And in the middle of Pakistani people, he starts this beautiful song to make them understand that "Terrorism is not a good thing. It’s very very bad; you will not get anything from this. Killing people is very very big crime, He (Allah) watching all your deeds and you will be punished one day. This is not good to fight with your neighbor. Religion never says to kill anybody; Religion is for peace and love. So, keep piece, increase love, be a good man, be a real Human."

The magical and very meaningful lines from the song:-

Nahi kaafi hai musalmaan hona,
Bas nahi hafiz-e-Quraan hona,
Allah-t-aala ka pyaar pane ko,
Laazmi hai tera insaan hona,
Amal to sath tere ho lega,
Khoon to sar pe chhad ke bolega,
Khuda mazhab hi na dekhega tera,
Teri insaaniyat bhi toolega,
Pyaar par rakhi hai buniyaad har ek mazhab ki,
Koi talwar pe rakhega to kya payega

One last thing i really want to mention is about I.S. Johar. He is a very different kind of person and only one of his type. It is amazing that he is the Producer, Director, Writer and Actor in this movie, really versatile personality :)

Hope you will enjoy this song.

Thanks
Aslam Bari

2 comments: